FinFerNan

Shelsley Walsh and Camping Meet

241 posts in this topic

OK guys and gals here's our Summer spectacular :animier:

Sometime ago I mentioned my day out at Shelsley Walsh, it's a hillclimb event not far from Worcester. Here's the website for further info: http://www.shelsley-walsh.co.uk/default.asp And here's my thread http://www.autoUNITY.net/index.php?showtopic=12581

It's a great day out and you get right up close to the action, just like it used to be ( just ask Scoucerpc :laughing: :laughing: )

Anyway, there are a few dates coming up and it would be a great option for a autoUNITY MEET (all welcome of course!!)

NOTE - POST EDITED TO CONFIRM CHOSEN DATE AND UPDATED TO INCLUDE THE CAMPSITE/B&B DETAILS.

Better still, for those who want too, we could extend the meet into an overnighter by camping nearby. We have found a campsite nearby, it also has limited B&B facilities - Details: http://www.nicholsonfarm.co.uk/BB.htm

The Event Date:

August 21st & 22nd - The Big One – The biggest Hillclimb event of the year, and since 1905 the oldest too! A round of the MSA British Hillclimb Championship, the MSA Hillclimb Leaders Championship, and the Midland Hillclimb Championship. The fastest cars in British Hillclimbing vie for the best time of the day in two exciting Top Twelve Run-offs. This meeting also incorporates the UK Alfa Romeo Centenary celebrations in partnership with the Alfa Romeo Owners Club. More than 1500 Alfa Romeo cars are expected to attend.

So, are you up for this? If you want to just come along to the Hill Climb, that's great but why not get your ging gang goolies going and come camping too!

Start posting now!! :friends:

LIST UPDATED 16 AUG:

FinFerNan (Camping & Meet) - Still plan to arrive at the campsite on the Friday but only plan to go to Shelsley on the Sunday

phodge (Camping & Meet) - Still plans to meet at the campsite on Saturday PM going to the meet on Saturday & Sunday

fatwomble (Camping & Meet) - Plans to camp on Friday and Saturday - meet on Sunday.

ScouserPC (had to pull out :crybaby: )

sporTTy (Camping & Meet) - Arriving Friday, leaving Sunday. Staying in the B&B

TommyTippee (Meet TBC) - Sunday only

BabyAlfa (meet)

Bucks85th (Camping & Meet) - Camping Saturday and meet on Sunday.

MTK - Saturday Night B&B at the Campsite and Sunday meet

Janitor - Will arrive early AM Sunday at Campsite, rob everyone's breakfast then skid off to the Meet. :laughing:

AlfaBliss - Will hope to meet us at the event (how i don't know!?!?) on Sunday morning with some of his Alfa buddies ;)

N7ppo - Plans to meet us on the Sunday too - location TBA

PRE SUNDAY EVENT MEETING PLACE:

The Crown, Martley, Worcester WR6 6PA at 8:30am on the Sunday morning. It's on the B4197 and has a decent sized car park and is right next to the village shops :Dancing-Chilli:

Can't do the July date - already double booked that weekend!

Can do the August date. ;)

Would love to ging gang your goolies!! :Dancing-Chilli:

Can do the August date, would be good to meet some of you lovely people ;)

August date sounds good.

Don't do camping these days but 4/5 * hotels must be available, I'm in.

Paul

PS.. thanks Fin

I'm playing in Surrey on Sat night... so by the time I've travelled to that, done the gig, got home, had a kip, travelled up, I doubt there'll be much left to see! ;)

August for us. I'll have to check though. It's a fair distance from us and as we are at the shop until the Saturday afternoon it might be too much of a hike.

Let me chat with hubby and see what we can come up with.

Well done Fin. Great idea !!

Sadly I work weekends but changes are afoot and hopefully, some time soon, I may have more freedom when booking days off. So for now I'm out but it I can make any it would have to be the August weekend.

It would be great to see you both (Sarah and Lee) there's a good chance Sally might come along too :thumbsup: