FinFerNan

Shelsley Walsh and Camping Meet

241 posts in this topic

I found this place, it's a bit further over towards Wales but is not on a main road like the other place. Also, there's B&B option for the non campers. We could just bring our own beer and have a camp fire BBQ?

Thoughts people?

Details: http://www.nicholsonfarm.co.uk/BB.htm

I found this place, it's a bit further over towards Wales but is not on a main road like the other place. Also, there's B&B option for the non campers. We could just bring our own beer and have a camp fire BBQ?

Thoughts people?

Details: http://www.nicholsonfarm.co.uk/BB.htm

Looks good to me, do we get to drive the tractor :thumbsup:yellow.gif

Looks good to me, do we get to drive the tractor :thumbsup:yellow.gif

Seems the kind of place that we probably could. I like the camp fire thing and the fact that it's not right on a main road. Downside is that it's off the beaten track a bit and there may not be a pub nearby?

Looks good to me. You'd have to check with them that we'd be allowed a camp fire/BBQ. Possibly need to find a pub or something just in case it's peeing down and we don't all want to sit outside...unless someone wants to book the self-catering option and then we can all congregate in the kitchen! :thumbsup:

From their website:

"Good pub food is available within 3 minutes of the farm at the cosy Kings Head, with a la carte menus available from various pubs and restaurants slightly further afield."

Bring your own Bar! :143::thinking:

I can see me having to turn left at Bristol on way home in the early hours of Sunday morning at this rate!

From their website:

"Good pub food is available within 3 minutes of the farm at the cosy Kings Head, with a la carte menus available from various pubs and restaurants slightly further afield."

Ahh good spot Penny!

Ref the campfires, I thought it was mentioned in the website? Anyhow, if there's a pub closeby then so much the better :thinking:

I am inclined to get a space booked, so looks like this is the better option then.

:143::laughing::whistle::crybaby:

I can't do the August dates as I'm going to V Festival.

I'm looking forward to the 2011 autoUNITY camping trip though :thinking:

I have sent an email asking about availability for the week-end 21/22 Aug. I will get info on the camping/B&B and Self Catering (Plus campfires!) and post it up on here asap. I suspect we won't be the only people wanting camping that week-end so we'd best get it booked quickly.

I have checked Google and the site is about 20 miles from Sheleley (approx 40 mins drive) but at least it's not on a main road and it does offer the option of us all being together for a few beers! (B&B for TommyTippee and scoucerpc)