Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Management Team

Saskia's Memorial Fund

31 posts in this topic

Thanks guys and girls!

So far we have raised £280 for Saskia's Memorial Fund! :icon_cheers:

Please keep the donations coming...

WOW!! Thanks everyone so much. I will make sure all the recipients are made aware of how this was raised - we really are so grateful and I'm sure they will be too :icon_cheers::animier:

Thanks guys and girls, this is really shaping into something special now! :animier:

So far we have raised £315 for Saskia's Memorial Fund! :Dancing-Chilli:

Lets see if we can make it £500 by the end of the week! :yessmiley:

Still amazed at how much has been raised. Really can't thank everyone enough. :Dancing-Chilli:

Penny (and anyone who's interested) - I had a bit more of a think on the link for ICH and came up with this:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/ich/homepage The picture shows the Institute in Guildford Street plus some of the Coram Fields playground in the foreground - Saskia, like many other GOS kids, loved playing there when she was younger.

Also, specifally these two people - the first - Prof Peter Clayton (or PC as most know him). A quite brilliant man and incredibly nice too. He was Saskia's main Consultant from diagnosis when she was 18 months old, until he retired from the main hospital in October. He was also with us when Saskia slipped away and you could see how much she meant to him.

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/slms/people/show.php?UPI=PTCLA52

The second is the Consultant who took over his clinic early in 2010 but had known Saskia from very early on and was one of the chief researchers behind the scenes at ICH. She, like PC, was also with us when she went and we were so pleased that she managed to make it to Saskia's celebration of life with a couple of GOS nurses too:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/slms/people/show.php?UPI=SRAHM75

BTW - I only just noticed the full picture on the banner with Mickey, etc! I use the default skin with a white background so I hadn't seen it in all it's glory until I went on my netbook and had to log in from the black background skin! Superb guys - thank you :yessmiley:

I use the default skin with a white background so I hadn't seen it in all it's glory

I knew I'd forgotten to change one of the versions! :police:

Fantastic info there Paul :unsure:

I too am really chuffed at the amount raised - great stuff all round! :laughing:

Thanks guys and girls, your generosity is amazing! :thumbsup:

So far we have raised £415 for Saskia's Memorial Fund! :)

Thanks guys and girls, your generosity is amazing! :thumbsup:

So far we have raised £415 for Saskia's Memorial Fund! :)

:clap:

Thanks guys and girls, your generosity is amazing! :thinking:

So far we have raised £450 for Saskia's Memorial Fund! :thumbsup:

Please keep the donations coming...we're so close to the £500 mark....lets see if we can make it....