Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marky9074

Garage floor covering

52 posts in this topic

Sorry, but couldnt see an appropriate sub-forum for this...

Last two years freshly painted the floor of the garage with international paint. Both times the paint has been ripped up by the tyres :p and now they have laid pea shingle over the tarmac as a final coat on the road :sleep:

So anyway, doing a search it seems there are a lot of epoxy resin solutions in the states, but nothing in the UK. All I keep coming across is these damn tiles...

http://dynotile.co.uk/default.htm

Anybody done there garage or have an opinion? :unworthy:

Thanks for that, my google skills must be failing me... guess because I was specifically searching for 'garage'. I think maybe I have shot myself in the foot though as its already painted, so I would have to strip it back... hmmm food for thought

OK -so I dont drive into my garage, however I used Wickes Garage Floor sealer (which 10 years ago came in a plastic carton - so assume is the same stuff).

The stuff was like water and 3 flood coats dried like a varnish. The surface is very durable and has even survived an accidental attack with the angle grinder.

Note: Sometime later I was lead to believe all this stuff was was a watered down PVA adhesive, the PVA soaked into the floor sealing it and giving it the semi varnish finish.

Peeling paint is a common problem - warm tyres, wet surface, weight of the car regularly in one static place is always going to be a challenge

You could well be right that it'll be even harder to successfully reapply anything new now due the other stuff already being down... :unworthy:

Not sure what to suggest really... why don't you want tiles fella..?

I can see why you don't want those tiles, but what about garage specific ceramic tiles, the sort that are permanently glued in place?

Peeling paint is a common problem - warm tyres, wet surface, weight of the car regularly in one static place is always going to be a challenge

You could well be right that it'll be even harder to successfully reapply anything new now due the other stuff already being down... :unworthy:

Not sure what to suggest really... why don't you want tiles fella..?

I think it's just because I've seen so many I'm not sure what is kosha or not... I don't wantto commit to a garage worth of tiles until I get some feedback on quality etc.. :sleep:

I don't wantto commit to a garage worth of tiles until I get some feedback on quality etc.. :smiley-greet024:

What's your latest thought Marky?

i have epoxy on mine.

had to use an acid on it first to 'prime' the concrete tho.