Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marky9074

Garage floor covering

52 posts in this topic

Lofty, a length of 22mm foam pipe lagging from you local plumbers merchant, split it length ways so you have two half circles and stick the flat face onto the wall at the appropriate height. Works for me.

Lofty, a length of 22mm foam pipe lagging from you local plumbers merchant, split it length ways so you have two half circles and stick the flat face onto the wall at the appropriate height. Works for me.

I had thought of that, but wasn't sure how it would look outside :)

I remembered about some checkerboard effect rubber interlocking matting that I bought few years ago, so i got it down from the loft this morning,I'm going to try that.I've been going to do something for years because it's tight for the A1 never mind the massive R8 doors.Just need the car to now so I get put them in the correct position :thumbdown:

I had thought of that, but wasn't sure how it would look outside :mellow:

I remembered about some checkerboard effect rubber interlocking matting that I bought few years ago, so i got it down from the loft this morning,I'm going to try that.I've been going to do something for years because it's tight for the A1 never mind the massive R8 doors.Just need the car to now so I get put them in the correct position :thumbsup:

For something that might have the look you're after check out what is available in a boat chandler. Gunwhale protection strips or something that goes on the edge of a jetty might be suitable.

I also have painted my garage floor with the international paint stuff, but it does come off after a while, especially where your tyres are.

Looks great when freshly painted and not that expensive !

I also have painted my garage floor with the international paint stuff, but it does come off after a while, especially where your tyres are.

Looks great when freshly painted and not that expensive !

Your kidding right? It's £30/tin IIRC for 2.5l... I've done the floor four times now and the tyres scrub it out every time. Last year I ended up buying six gym mats off ebay and have those on the floor to try and give it some protection.. :thumbsup:

Maybe some rubbing strakes for boats as an example, but dont buy from a chandler unless you are prepared for a major price mark up. You might find a commercial rubber extrusion company somewhere near home?

http://www.bridgerubber.co.uk/acatalog/M02.P.V.C._Fenders___Deck_Rubbing_Strakes.html

http://www.littleportboathaven.co.uk/FENDER%20RUBBERS.htm