Filippo

Nippo's new project

363 posts in this topic

I'm not too fussed on the second colour, it looks a bit like mushy peas!

I'm not too fussed on the second colour, it looks a bit like mushy peas!

Mmmmmmmm...mushy peasssss....yum.

Not the best pictures to describe what I have in mind...

,,,here is my favourite - chartreuse

1973-Chartreuse-Porsche-911-2.4E.jpg

then a very rare colour, apple green

72frontrsr1109478798.jpg

and last but not least, Viper green

car2+11302181968.jpg

My car is identical in shape and age to the one in the last picture, bar the 7J rear wheels (which I am looking for)

Anyway - off to Wales tomorrow, where the project begins!

Chartreuse is nice. But I still like the Ice Green. So 0 and 1, for me!

Big fan of Chartreuse - got a great citrus tang to it! Similar to this beautiful orange one I spotted in Clapham a few weeks back (before the riots!). (Apologies for the v poor quality cropped iPhone pic! :thumbdown: )

199da159.jpg

We had actually seen this earlier in the day parked in the high-street but I didn't have a chance to take photo - it was absolutely immaculate :unsure:

We're rolling! :smiley-laughing021:

I have collected the car from the seller's house. I drove it gingerly on his half mile of private road, then let Mike (the restoration man) take over as it's SORNd and it will stay so until completion. 50 miles following my new old car driven on traders' plates on Welsh roads on a sunny day... for once the ipod was silent, and I was happy to savour the sweet sountrack of the flat six. Heavens what a sound!

Quite reassuringly, the mechanic confirmed the good impressions and told me it drives very well!

Now we have to make sure that it will look as good as it drives. This is what it looks like now

600.jpg

600.jpg

600.jpg

The last picture shows the original green still present in the engine bay, coated in black waxoyl to disguise it

I forgot to take pictures of the inside - not really tempted as it's really tired... so thanks PH

600.jpg

While discussing colours and parts one week ago, I realised that Mike did not know that Chartreuse, other than being a 1973 racing Porsche colour, is a French liqueur. As I do have a bottle of specially aged reserve, I thought fit to take it along and used it to seal the deal on the work to be done. At least the "tea tray" spoiler was useful for something before it goes in the bin :screwy:

600.jpg

From the pics it looks to be in good condition. Just as well you are getting a re-spray though if you are going to use your car as a table. :smiley-laughing021: