Admin Team

And now... the end is near...

135 posts in this topic

After getting today's email this is the first time that I have been on here in months. I feel for the team and the guys who frequent the forum. Would be hypocritical for me to say that I will miss it having hardly ever been here in the first place, so I won't.

The reason the forum has got quieter is unfortunately due to how the tinterwebs work. The site is too generic. When it became Auto-Unity it no longer had a niche. People punch in what they want on Google; "Alfa Romeo Forum, Scirocco Forum, TT Forum" and up pops the sites that cater to that niche. When TT Talk became autoUNITY, unless it had a severe amount of money thrown at it it was only ever a matter of time. The only thing that drives content is new users coming on board and if they can't find the site then that doesn't happen. Google determines the life and death of websites these days.

I learned all this the hard way when I tried to launch "Performance-Audi.com". Too generic to succeed. So I feel your pain.

Good luck to everyone. Some genuinely good folks on here. I wish you all well.

Having gotten over the initial shock and tears on page one, I had noticed the forum getting quieter, but I feel very strongly this is a very friendly forum, without big egos and little twerps.

Whilst I never left the TTF, it is no longer the great TT forum, having attracted a lot of the younger boy racer type. Here everyone was mature and grown up (except MTK :sign_goodluck: ) but best of all we are/were all good friends.

I am on facebook but finding another Richard Taylor can be difficult but maybe this link will help: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000117498929 or look for me as one of the friends of the likes of Penny, Paul etc.

Bye bye autoUNITY and as said earlier "thanks for all the fish"

It was sad to get the email, but bloody good job on getting as far as you did.

Sean

What a shame, but I'm also guilty as charged.

Through the highs and the lows, the people on this forum seperated it from the rest... even vagoc.co.uk (born after s3-talk had the plug pulled) can't escape the keyboard warriors.

Good luck to everyone :sign_goodluck:

Sorry to hear of the demise - seemed like a v v professional forum :sign_goodluck:

Good luck for the future all...

JJ

Just a thought..........

If you would like to have the oportunity to keep in touch with aU members then why not become a friend of autoUNITY's Facebook page

here : https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001150546425

Then you can link to anyone you would like to keep as a "Facebook Friend" :sign_goodluck:

I imagine the Team will probably delete the AU facebook page in due course.