Janitor

How do you view aU..?

25 posts in this topic

Nah, I'm not talking about your feelings towards the place (I think that's become pretty clear recently! :banghead:) but what 'Skin' do you use..? (selectable from the drop-down menu near the very bottom left of every page on the forum)

As a reminder, we have:

• The Default Skin - basic and functional layout from the software provider

• autoUNITY LoFi - predominantly text, nothing much graphically - ideal for mobile use

• autoUNITY Lighter than Lite - similar to 'Lite' but with even less graphics

• autoUNITY Lite - similar 'vibe' to the main 'autoUNITY Skin', but with reduced browser / processing requirement

• autoUNITY Skin - very slick indeed! The flagship which currently hosts a static background subtly featuring members' cars

We also now have:

• autoUNITY Bright - as the name suggests, it's very light in appearance! It also has a different layout on the main page - some will like, some won't - give it a shot!

It's just occured to me that a few newcomers might not even realise there is a choice! :banghead:

So, which do you use and why..? :censored:

Ah ha, you may need to click the little Paintbucket icon near the top right of your browser and select 'aU Member Photo' (don't tell me you missed yours being up there?!?!? :banghead:)

(by the way, check out all the backgrounds in the autoUNITY Bright skin... wo... :banghead: )

aU Lite as it processes quicker on the netbook, and I don't change it if I'm on anything bigger.

aU lofi on the mobile and kindle.

:banghead:

AU Lite at the moment but will try the others.

Where is the paintbucket icon as I can't see it (I'm using Firefox)

AU Lite at the moment but will try the others.

Where is the paintbucket icon as I can't see it (I'm using Firefox)

Background selection is only available in autoUNITY Skin and autoUNITY Bright :143: (top right, next to 'Rules and Guidelines', 'View New Content' and the RSS Feed icon)

aU Lite here, never really look at the others before...but have now, think I'll stick with Lite

aU lite for me. The aU skin took far too long to load.

I like how i see things though! :143: