TommyTippee

Generation 3 1.8 tfsi

10 posts in this topic

The latest 3rd generation 1.8 TFSI EA888 is about to surface with some interesting technology. Electronic coolant control and twin injectors, one direct and the other into the manifold (end of carbonisation of valves perhaps)

My contact at my local dealer said yesterday that he thought the 2.0ltr tt would be dropped at the end of next year in favour of the 1.8

Read

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/muupublic/share/18TFSI.pdf

and discuss

What's the power and torque output of the Gen3 (ooh sounds like Chitty) 1.8 TFSI TT?

Presumably loads? Otherwise, if it's a lot lower on power, I can't see how it would make sense to drop the 211hp 2.0 TFSI. :thumbsup:

What's the power and torque output of the Gen3 (ooh sounds like Chitty) 1.8 TFSI TT?

Presumably loads? Otherwise, if it's a lot lower on power, I can't see how it would make sense to drop the 211hp 2.0 TFSI. :thumbsup:

I read somewhere it is currently 195

Oh great, so I've just bought another car with an engine that's about to be made obselete!! I give up!!:laughing:

Oh great, so I've just bought another car with an engine that's about to be made obselete!! I give up!!:laughing:

That will allways be the case.... :shock:

Perhaps you can find some comfort in the old saying - "there is no replacement for deplacement" :rolleyes:

Oh great, so I've just bought another car with an engine that's about to be made obselete!! I give up!!:shock:

join the club :laughing:

Ahh, but history might show that changes may not necessarily be better and that you could in fact still own the 'gem of the range' :shock:

Ahh, but history might show that changes may not necessarily be better and that you could in fact still own the 'gem of the range' :laughing:

Never a truer word said.

Audi seem reluctant to change anything especially on the unless there is a new model or facelift. So it may not come in until the Mark 3 TT anyway, which might be around 2013.

Ahh, but history might show that changes may not necessarily be better and that you could in fact still own the 'gem of the range' :smiley-laughing021:

Truer words indeed were never said.. This wretched 1.4 TSi was the replacement engine for the 20v 1.8 TSI used in the Polo GTi, Mk4 Golf Gti, Ibiza FR/Cupra and MK1 Audi TT and so on.. and yet it makes my wonder then why did they (VAG) still decide to use and develop the 1.8 TSI further? Possibly in case the 1.4 TSI didn't work out and they needed a possible get-out-quick clause?

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeign what this 3rd gen 1.8 TSI (or TFSI to Audi) is going to be capable of..