Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NumberSix

Forum software upgrade

31 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

It looks likely that IPB Support will undertake the upgrade of our forum software over the weekend, which should address the IE10 compatibility issues. There will be some minor disruption to access and functionality whilst this occurs but don't worry, it should all come good once they're finished. I'll keep an eye on things myself, they'll communicate with me via email to advise progress, so if all's not well once reportedly complete I'll chase them up, otherwise I'll post an update here.

As mentioned elsewhere this will likely cause issues with some of our custom skins, and so initially we'll revert back to the default IPB skin - which has a light theme and will be different to what we're used to.

I'll endeavour to restore a dark skin at the first opportunity but for obvious reasons my time is at a premium, so please bear with me in the meantime.

In all likelihood I'll simplify the range of skins on offer in order to minimise administration and maintenance ... hopefully no one will have any issue with that.

Hope everyone has a good Bank Holiday weekend ... see you on the other side :)

C.

Hi folks,

The upgrade has now been completed ... it seems to have resolved the IE10 compatibility issues as hoped, however as predicted there were some skin issues - thus I've disabled the other skins and reverted to the default IPB skin for the time being.

Please bear with me until I can get the time to look into this, which may take a few days ... forum should at least be functional in the interim.

Any probs post upgrade please post here ... thanks :)

C.

As said in the other post, i like thus default skin and think i'll stick to it from now on!

Oh cool, I think there was a similar aU tweaked version of this before Sarah, I'll leave this available for you ... might make some minor tweaks if I get time (!) but will be looking to keep it simple really :)

I certainly would not be unhappy if you decide there is too much work involved with the old skins. Keep it simple #6 (especially as this forum is not a commercial venture)

This skin isn't as good looking but is much faster on my tablet. Keeping it simple may be the way to go!