Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TommyTippee

This looks pretty spectacular

9 posts in this topic

Spectacular price too . . . . :huh:

Interesting technology though and a large, free source of fuel just down the road!

That is rather interesting - specially the drive system.

I do find it strange however that (if this is true...?) such a drive system not has gotten more media focus? I can't help thinking there has to be some major drawbacks :thinking:

That is rather interesting - specially the drive system.

I do find it strange however that (if this is true...?) such a drive system not has gotten more media focus? I can't help thinking there has to be some major drawbacks :thinking:

I can't find it now, but I'm sure I read in the comments that it doesn't run on salt water. It runs on cadmium, rather than sodium. I don't know whether cadmium is harder to come by.

Edit: So it looks like cadmium is in 86% of batteries. So it is just another battery car?

Looks nice and an interesting concept, but if it was as good as it sounds on the surface then why did it not hit the headlines? As mentioned its sure to have some drawbacks, and that's in addition to the price.Its far too wide anyway, my car is a smidgen over 2.0m wide and it just about fits uk roads, it fits in my garage by a cats whisker.

And how often do you need to change the saltwater? Every 600 km, or do you "recharge" it every 600 km? Does it consume the saltwater or use it in another way (like the water in closed batteries)?

I don't realy get it from the article...?