Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TommyTippee

Button to leave mclaren

21 posts in this topic

I guess he didn't like the idea that Alonso's indecision was controlling his destiny.

The problem is JB is a superb driver but lacks the ruthlessness that the likes of Senna, Prost, Shuey and Alonso all have and therefore was never a great driver.

(Other great drivers like JB without the ruthless streak IMO would include Couthard, D Hill, Webber and Barrichello)

I disagree Rich. Button has won the championship in 2009, as Hamilton has said don't change the driver, change the car. He is a superb driver, looks after the car and the tires and gets results. this seasons Mclaren car is just not good enough.

The real issue is money. I understand Button is on £10m a year and Magnesson is on £500,000. If Alonso goes to Mclaren, as is being predicted, Mclaren can't afford 2 drivers on huge salaries.

Nothing is certain yet - according to interview with him yesterday on Sky F1 coverage - Brundle spoke to him.

Although it does look like the writing may be on the wall for him leaving.

The question is whether he can find an other seat in another F1 team - I'm not sure any seats are available though ?

I really can't see Vettel doing well at Ferrari, and who knows how the Honda power will turn out at McLaren? I'd also be shocked if Jenson fails to secure a seat next year, my guess is that he'll be staying put.