Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TommyTippee

Vettel signs for Ferrari

8 posts in this topic

I thought the McL seat was already "taken" Can't recall by whom though :whistle: (It's Alonso)

The issue there is do they keep JB or KM to partner Alonso.............

Edit: Ignore me, you said Red Bull (it's been a long day)

I read that Button is on £10 million per year and Magnusson is on £500k per year !

Alonso won't be cheap !

Red Bull have a Guy from Torro Rosso named for next year if I recall correctly - some young kid - can't remember his name.

Red Bull are far more likely to promote from within. It's their way, can't see them bringing in an "old" driver.

You're right Snake, they won't want two £10m pa drivers. Hence JB is likely to go. nothing has been sorted yet, but it appears unlikely that Jenson will be in F1 next year, which I think would be a bloody shame.

Daniil Kvyat moves from Torro Rosso up to Red Bull and Max Verstappen is the new 17 years old Torro Rosso driver; the youngest ever in F1.

Current Torro Rosso driver Jean-Eric Vergne doesn't have a contract for next year yet but Kvyat's move leaves the possibility of retaining his seat.

I think JB is being hung out to dry by McLaren. As above they won't want two highly paid drivers so perhaps they are delaying the driver announcement so that he decides to go before he's pushed?

I think you are right Brian. JB is going to be out on his arse. With all the talk about cost saving next year a £10m driver is a big saving. From what I understand some of the drivers can only get a seat if they bring a bucket load of money with them.

I think you are right Brian. JB is going to be out on his arse. With all the talk about cost saving next year a £10m driver is a big saving. From what I understand some of the drivers can only get a seat if they bring a bucket load of money with them.

That's been the case for a long long time Roger ;)