Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NaughTTy

Woohoo!

21 posts in this topic

What a great day! We parked ourselves at Farm this year so we were right by the exit of the pits. Not a bad place to sit as it turned out, especially with Lewis coming out of the pits in front of his nearest rival... twice! It went nuts all around us!

Highlights of the day besides that must include the incredible Typhoon!.Unbelievably agile - almost turns on the spot, and the low speed pass he did at just over 100mph was astounding. Shame I didn't catch all of his last run - the commentator said he had finished his display so I put my camera down... then he suddenly appeared coming almost straight towards us, very low and very slow. Just managed to catch a few shots as he slid past. amazing stuff. B)

And then the final result (I hope you've all seen the result). Icing on the cake of a great race. Happy race-goers! :Dancing-Chilli::clap: #

Some shots below...

Start of the Porsche Supercup

PSC%20start_zpsgtkidrdf.jpg

Very pleased with this next shot as it was through the fence...

PSC1_zps54as50xf.jpg

Lewis waving for the camera.

Lewis_zpsdbm5cmn3.jpg

And the rest of them!

Drivers_zpsftjvn5tp.jpg

Glad we only saw this used once today :yessmiley:

Safety_zpsjqgjyb2o.jpg

Stirling stuff :thumbsup:

Stirling_zpsvoehthcb.jpg

No collisions today :clap:

Falcons_zpsno8ynm7t.jpg

Very slow...

Typhoon1_zps7dth5gac.jpg

..and very low!

Typhoon2_zpsfvxcq7jv.jpg

Really rather proud of this one... It goes rocket-like with remarkable ease!

Typhoon5_zpsbdxhgydd.jpg

Some of the F1 boys:

Bottas

Will1_zpsuw3zp6po.jpg

One of the few times we saw Button today :rolleyes:

Button_zpsm1tlt3kb.jpg

Lewis... not waving this time though.

Lewis2_zpssnoglzz3.jpg

Kvyat

Kvyat_zpsryfikr6p.jpg

Vettel

Vettel_zpstwihurds.jpg

Kimi (that chatty bloke!)

Kimi_zpsl3rsvfcq.jpg

Oops!

Oops_zpskjy6q1r1.jpg

I will get around to editing the Le-Mans ones soon... but there are over 600 shots to work through from that day so it might be a while!

Good photos, Paul. Glad you had a great day, and why not. The race was a cracker.

You did well to catch the Typhoon. It was there at Goodwood, but it was so fast I didn't even bother to try and capture it with my camera.

Sir Stirling Moss was there driving that car, too. He must have a busy life for someone who has retired!

Great shots!

I saw the race live on TV and was thinking that you must be having a blast :)

You did well to catch the Typhoon. It was there at Goodwood, but it was so fast I didn't even bother to try and capture it with my camera.

We were in a really good position for the Typhoon Stu - and one of thoses passes was slower than the F1 cars so really easy to pan. That vertical shot was a great bonus when I checked the pics on the PC this evening though - chuffed with that one!

I saw the race live on TV and was thinking that you must be having a blast :)

:yessmiley:

Brilliant photos and thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

It was a great race and result - and even the weather was good this year wasn't it.

Thanks mate :)

The weather was great up until the last 15 minutes, then it chucked down! Just right to add a bit of extra excitement ;)

That looks like it was very good to see live. Electric atmosphere, a bit of jeopardy for the Brit drivers, some difficult strategy calls (almost all flawed) and a soupçon of rain.

What a mix!! Good pictures too. :)

Really felt sorry for Kimi - they screwed up his tyre strategy completely (unless he asked for the change to inters). It appeared to us that he went on them far too early, although apparently it was pouring on the other side of the circuit a good few laps before we got drenched! I think he would have been sitting in Vettel's place if he had been able to wait it our a few more laps before making the change.

Great pictures Paul, it was a super race (unless you're a Button fan) lots of tension, which of course the weather only added too. I did not realise it, (forgotten it more like) but the only F1 GP I've been too, was Lewis' first win at Silverstone.

Shame they stopped those Thursday practice sessions :thumbdown:

Thanks Finners - it was definitely a good day for a British F1 supporter. No-one expected Button to be competitive so there was a collective "oh well" groan from the crowd and then quickly forgotten. Bit of a shame really as it could well be his last race there (unless he's more of a glutton for punishment than generally thought!).

I had heard that they were bringing back testing/practice to Silverstone but that was a couple of years ago now and so far, nothing more :(