Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marky9074

Polo GTI deal

29 posts in this topic

I know I am skint, but looking around this caught my eye (scroll down). I don't see any negatives, as the amount you pay after dealer discount is still less than RRP? Skoda has to go soon, and I'm not sure I want to pay the 4.5k final payment (well I haven't got the money to be honest)....

http://www.lookers.co.uk/volkswagen/new-offers/new-polo-offers/

Had a similar kind of "how do they do that?" deal with a Fiat Panda I had a couple of years ago. Adding all of the payments up, it just didn't make any sense. £89 per month X 48, £99 deposit and a final payment of £2300. The list price was around £11k??? 

That said it would be on full RRP and not this discounted rate...

Picked one from the current builds with 2k of options (sunroof/convenience pack/cruise pack/paint) and at the end of the day (with two years free servicing) it is just a tad cheaper than the RRP. Monthly payment/deposit is a bit more inflated, but to be expected with the 2k options. A good deal, and paying £30/month more than I was on Skoda. Now got to voluntarily hand back Skoda...

That was painless. Six months left to go. No fee, no excess, just hand it back. So now waiting for British Auction House to pick it up! Someone will get a bargain there!

9 minutes ago, marky9074 said:

That was painless. Six months left to go. No fee, no excess, just hand it back. So now waiting for British Auction House to pick it up! Someone will get a bargain there!

Crikey, lucky lad! Lets hope the BHA don't fleece you for silly "repairs" 

The only thing that is questionable is some lacquer missing off the front bumper (bodged Skoda repair, and too harsh cleaning products). Do you think I should get a SMART repair on it?