Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marky9074

Polo GTI deal

29 posts in this topic

So I have a selection of quotes, from £125 +VAT (local garage) to £258 inc VAT. For reference Chips Away was £200 +VAT. I am wondering just to have the quotes to hand and say to them well I'm not paying more than these quotes. Chips Away guy said they would overlook that type of damage anyway?

He might be right. I think it depends on the actual bloke who comes to pick it up. Some are more fussy than others. 

£700 for discovery nav... holy cow Batman! I have the Cruise and Park pack which implies rear camera on GTI. However, then it says only on Discovery nav which I don't have.....

I had the choice of one with the phone connect crappy thing in silver, a black one with alcantara seats & DSC (or whatever it is called), or a red one with sunroof, convenience pack, and parking pack (which has the cruise as well....). So it was between the red and black, so thought the red was better value (given the roof)..

Fair enough, I just struggle to see the point of parking sensors let alone cameras on a mini hatch. But a bit like my allroad, I could have specified the exact car I wanted. But there was one at the docks in almost the spec I wanted. Just the addition of the Tech Pack I would not have paid for, although it does include the rather useful wireless charging dock for my phone. 

My main preferences where for the Sport, in Tornado Grey with Atlas (light/beige) leather and the 20" double 5 spoke wheels. This one added the Tech pack and painted wheel arches, so I snapped it up. 

Looks like I am not working next week now so should be able to pick it up earlier than I thought.

1 hour ago, marky9074 said:

Looks like I am not working next week now so should be able to pick it up earlier than I thought.

Woot woot! 

Always good to get that new car smell :thumbsup:

Just seen on Pistonheads that there is a 'new' Polo GTI (though its not on the VW international site).... wonder if that is why I got a good deal....?