• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FinFerNan

FinFerNan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,738 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:43 PM

Fantastic end to a very tough season. Lewis absolutely deserves his Championship despite Nico falling at the last hurdle. Great to see Williams doing so well across the season and particularly today. 

It was all pretty emotional at the end, but I am totally delighted that Lewis has finally proved that he is a bloody good driver and a totally deserved World Champion  :music-smiley-005:

Current:
2016 Audi A6 Allroad
2015 Suzuki Celerio

#2 sTTu

sTTu
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,352 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:24 PM

Such a well deserved result. Not quite the ending we were all expecting with Rosberg's issues. I was half expecting Lewis to have the problems when he complained about vibrations during qualifying so I wasn't convinced he'd won until he crossed the line.

I hope Jenson finds a drive for next year. It won't be the same if he isn't there.

aUSigsTTu.pngAUlegacyBanner3_zpsa834bc1f.jpg

#3 Lofty

Lofty
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:33 PM

Great ending to an entertaining season, well done Lewis. I felt a bit sorry for Nico but only a little bit :)
M3 & MR2

#4 Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,570 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:19 AM

Totally concur.

The atmosphere at the beginning of the race felt like a world cup final - I was surprised I felt as excited and tense as I was, especially during the warm up lap.

I was totally convinced Lewis would "have an issue" or lose the championship due to a crash or technical issue ..... when he overtook Ros off the line, I shouted NICE ONE at the tv and it was all plain sailing from there.

Was superb and seeing Ham drive round with the GB flag at the end of the race was brilliant to see - a WELL deserved win - he has entertained us all year.

Rosberg was a worthy runner up though and he did give us some great battles with Lewis this year and was a gent at the end congratulating Lewis both face to face and during interviews.

Apparently Lewis is scheduled to re-negotiate his contract with Merc today ..... he timed that well :)     bet he's added a few grand to the fee now :)

Oh ... on Sky they mentioned a VERY interesting snippet about Button ....

With Jenson getting 5th, he has literally saved McLaren £millions !!!!

That 1 place meant that they were just above Force India in the Constructors ....... very interesting !

Sounded like it saved them 10's of millions.

2016 Audi RS3 floret silver

#5 NumberSix

NumberSix

forum admin

• admin team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,145 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:07 AM

I have to confess to not having shown an interest in Formula 1 in many years, but I tuned in yesterday when I realised the stakes and how exciting it could potentially be.

I was looking forward to a battle between Hamilton and Rosberg, and it's a real shame that Nico had such car trouble which blew his chances ... credit to him for continuing to throw the car round the track and being determined to finish, rather than just bow out.

I was really chuffed for Lewis not only to win the the driver's championship, but to do so in spectacular style by winning the final GP of the season.

Was surprised how much I enjoyed the race, having been really turned off by F1 some years back ... I wonder if it'll prompt me to tune in more next season.

Well done Lewis!! :)

BMW F31 330d xDrive M Sport Touring Estoril Blue Black Dakota Leather Business Media Package Adaptive M Sport suspension (new arrival)

#6 TommyTippee

TommyTippee
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:11 AM

Totally concur.

The atmosphere at the beginning of the race felt like a world cup final - I was surprised I felt as excited and tense as I was, especially during the warm up lap.

I was totally convinced Lewis would "have an issue" or lose the championship due to a crash or technical issue ..... when he overtook Ros off the line, I shouted NICE ONE at the tv and it was all plain sailing from there.

Was superb and seeing Ham drive round with the GB flag at the end of the race was brilliant to see - a WELL deserved win - he has entertained us all year.

Rosberg was a worthy runner up though and he did give us some great battles with Lewis this year and was a gent at the end congratulating Lewis both face to face and during interviews.

Apparently Lewis is scheduled to re-negotiate his contract with Merc today ..... he timed that well :)     bet he's added a few grand to the fee now :)

Oh ... on Sky they mentioned a VERY interesting snippet about Button ....

With Jenson getting 5th, he has literally saved McLaren £millions !!!!

That 1 place meant that they were just above Force India in the Constructors ....... very interesting !

Sounded like it saved them 10's of millions.

+1

minds are like parachutes...................they only work when they're open Golf R white nav doesn't need anything else else

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users