• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 brittan

brittan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:13 PM

The Bosch ones do seem to be a good price.   It's not necessary to match the number exactly; staying within a reasonable band is OK.

Your Varta spec shows up the different ways of quoting CCA.   Your 380A is DIN spec which is equal to 640A in the SAE spec, which is the one used in many adverts simply because it's a larger numebr and "looks better" .

You'll need to check that my examples are correct for your car. 

Varta battery sale price, scroll down:  https://advancedbatt...tab-description

TT RS in Ara Blue Black interior with some toysttsig.jpg

Frank N Stein the mean workhorse shed

#12 sTTu

sTTu
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:44 PM

"You'll need to check that my examples are correct for your car."

Yeah that's the bit I struggle with. :) I'll have to read up on the SAE and DIN spec.

Thanks for you help, though. At the very least I've realised it is not as easy as changing the battery in the TV remote control. ;)

aUSigsTTu.pngAUlegacyBanner3_zpsa834bc1f.jpg

#13 brittan

brittan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:34 PM

On the Advanced Battery Supply site I put in   DIESEL | 2.0, 3.2 | 2008 - PRESENT   so the batteries shown should be correct. 

Only fair for you to check or get other confirming advice: and you may have another preferred supplier. 

For what it's worth, I'd pick the Varta E44 battery 77Ah/780CCA @ £72  provided its physical size is correct.

TT RS in Ara Blue Black interior with some toysttsig.jpg

Frank N Stein the mean workhorse shed

#14 Lofty

Lofty
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:34 PM

Last time a bought a battery I just stuck my reg into Eurocarparts and bought a Bosch they recommended, worked a treat. Pretty sure it was for my Boxster and if my memory serves me Porsche use Bosch batteries with their branding on, it was about a quarter of the price of a ' Porsche' battery.
M3 & MR2

#15 NaughTTy

NaughTTy
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,652 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:04 AM

Last time a bought a battery I just stuck my reg into Eurocarparts and bought a Bosch they recommended, worked a treat. Pretty sure it was for my Boxster and if my memory serves me Porsche use Bosch batteries with their branding on, it was about a quarter of the price of a ' Porsche' battery.

I did exactly this when I bought a battery for my TT last week. Had an extra 10% off for the weekend so I managed to squeeze an order in at 11:35pm! Bought a Bosch S4 battery for around £67 :)

I thought mine was a PITA to change - removing several covers and then the whole battery surround - but the MK2 sound even more ridiculous!

a0844efc-8ba9-48bc-b960-d901841b58f9_zps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users