The autoUNITY Management Team Elections
Here we are again!
Carrying on with our usual democratic approach, it is now time to run another autoUNITY Management Team Election so that you, our esteemed members, can select who you would like to represent your views on the Team. The role involves more than day to day moderation tasks - Management Team members get involved in shaping it to reflect the membership as well as keeping the forum suitably active.
If you feel that you would personally like to stand for election to join the Management Team and get involved in the running of autoUNITY, you would need to ensure that some basic 'candidate' prerequisites are met in order to confirm an identifiable level of commitment and personality.
You would need to:
- Have been an autoUNITY Member for more than two months
- Have contributed a minimum of 100 posts (this is certainly not to ignore or devalue anyone with less than that number, but we're sure everyone can appreciate the benefit of an identified level of involvement in the Forum thus far)
- Be able to operate within a committee (an important element in being able to offer and receive discussion and support a majority outcome)
- Have the ability to listen to and represent the views of Members as well as those of your own (that speaks for itself really - and everyone else!)
- Contribute regularly to topics and actively seek content to share with the Forum (there will be a greater emphasis on this element of your role within the Team from now on)
- Carry out appropriate Moderation tasks and enforce the Rules of the Forum
- Offer your input and comment to issues being discussed in 'The Management Room'
- Lead by example and also have the ability to maintain discretion / confidentiality on certain matters
If you feel the above criteria applies to you, then the process for putting yourself forward is as follows:
- Have one further careful think about the commitment and consider whether you would like to get more involved and hold a position of influence
- Ensure your candidacy is valid by meeting the above requirements
- Nominate yourself by sending a PM to The Admin Team indicating your willingness to stand for election to the autoUNITY Management Team
- After submitting your nomination, please consider preparing an Election Manifesto which will outline to Members the views and personal qualities which you feel you can bring to the table )
Existing Management Team members are entitled to stand for re-election and the closing date for all candidate entries is 8:00pm, Thursday 24th March 2011. A full list of candidates will be published soon after
The 'autoUNITY Polling Booth' will then be opened soon afterward for every autoUNITY Member (regardless of time on the forum or post count) to cast three separate votes in support of their Primary, Secondary and Third choices (points of 5, 3 and 1 will then be allocated to each choice accordingly)
The poll with close at 8:00pm on Thursday 31st March 2011 and the results will be announced very soon after, with the four candidates receiving the most cumulative points being automatically be elected to the autoUNITY Management Team for a six month period and assuming Moderator rights with immediate effect
(Note: In the event that there are no more than four candidates, those who have put themselves forward will automatically form the Management Team via no-contest)
The Admin Team