• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#21 EvilDerboy

EvilDerboy
  • autoUNITY Member
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:26 AM

After getting today's email this is the first time that I have been on here in months. I feel for the team and the guys who frequent the forum. Would be hypocritical for me to say that I will miss it having hardly ever been here in the first place, so I won't.

The reason the forum has got quieter is unfortunately due to how the tinterwebs work. The site is too generic. When it became Auto-Unity it no longer had a niche. People punch in what they want on Google; "Alfa Romeo Forum, Scirocco Forum, TT Forum" and up pops the sites that cater to that niche. When TT Talk became autoUNITY, unless it had a severe amount of money thrown at it it was only ever a matter of time. The only thing that drives content is new users coming on board and if they can't find the site then that doesn't happen. Google determines the life and death of websites these days.

I learned all this the hard way when I tried to launch "Performance-Audi.com". Too generic to succeed. So I feel your pain.

Good luck to everyone. Some genuinely good folks on here. I wish you all well.
2009 Scirocco GT - Deep Black Pearl 2.0 TSI GT|Bluefin Remap 262BHP/391Nm|35mm H&R Springs|red calipers Anthracite Leather|Sat Nav|Full "R" Bodykit|19" RS6 Alloys|TT Gearknob - Gone November 2011
2008 Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro,Topaz Blue metallic - Bluefine Remap 240bhp / 500nm / 30mm Eibach, H&R Spacers, BBS CK Anthracite. Too many mods to list. - Gone October 2012
2012 BMW M3 - Moonstone Silver, DCT, DAB, Shadowline, Black Novillo Leather, 19" alloys, Varrious other boring options such as storage packl and heated seats etc. Bog standard apart from shadow black kidney grills.

#22 wemorgan

wemorgan
  • autoUNITY Member
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

Best wishes to everyone.

Will
Will SLK 250CDI

#23 mighTy Tee

mighTy Tee

Throatwobbler Mangrove

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars and Slow Boats

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

Having gotten over the initial shock and tears on page one, I had noticed the forum getting quieter, but I feel very strongly this is a very friendly forum, without big egos and little twerps.

Whilst I never left the TTF, it is no longer the great TT forum, having attracted a lot of the younger boy racer type. Here everyone was mature and grown up (except MTK :sign_goodluck: ) but best of all we are/were all good friends.

I am on facebook but finding another Richard Taylor can be difficult but maybe this link will help: http://www.facebook....100000117498929 or look for me as one of the friends of the likes of Penny, Paul etc.

Bye bye autoUNITY and as said earlier "thanks for all the fish"

mighTy Tee - aka Richard

quaTTro Sport - Mauritius Blue/Phantom Black

Posted Image

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

#24 sane eric

sane eric
  • autoUNITY Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,806 posts
  • Interests:Golf, football, golf

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:35 AM

It was sad to get the email, but bloody good job on getting as far as you did.

Sean
Not abouTT as much as I'd like....

Gone, August 20th, 2009 --> ttc 2.0 manual || phantom black || extended magma interior || 18" ten spokes || pipewerx tail pipe trims || red brake calipers || rs mirrors

#25 Jamiekip

Jamiekip
  • autoUNITY Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:44 AM

What a shame, but I'm also guilty as charged.
Through the highs and the lows, the people on this forum seperated it from the rest... even vagoc.co.uk (born after s3-talk had the plug pulled) can't escape the keyboard warriors.
Good luck to everyone :sign_goodluck:
TTRS Suzuka Grey
Revo Stage 2 | Milltek DP - Sports CAT - Race system | H&R ARB's | SuperPro Lower Torque Arm & Front Engine Steady bushes | H&R Coilovers (coming soon!)

Posted Image

S3 Sprint Blue - Gone but not forgotten :(

#26 Guest_Problemchild1976_*

Guest_Problemchild1976_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:49 AM

Sorry to hear of the demise - seemed like a v v professional forum :sign_goodluck:

Good luck for the future all...

JJ

#27 scouserpc

scouserpc
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:54 AM

Just a thought..........

If you would like to have the oportunity to keep in touch with aU members then why not become a friend of autoUNITY's Facebook page
here : https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001150546425

Then you can link to anyone you would like to keep as a "Facebook Friend" :sign_goodluck:

I imagine the Team will probably delete the AU facebook page in due course.
Audi TT S-Line Quattro, S-Tronic. Ibis white

#28 marky9074

marky9074
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:09 AM

Hmm where are we going to go now... :sign_goodluck: :icon_cheers:

Audi SQ5, Glacier White, Fine Nappa Leather Seats: Moon silver-Black, Headliner: Black, Adaptive headlights, Advanced key, Audi Drive select, Audi hill-hold assist, Audi Parking System Advanced, Black roof rails, Climate cup holder, Door mirrors electrically adjustable, folding, heated and auto-dimming with memory function, Dynamic steering, Electrically-adjustable front seats with memory function, Heated front and outer rear seats, High-beam assist, Mobile telephone preparation High with Audi connect, Open sky panoramic sunroof, Power-operated tailgate, Privacy glass, DAB digital radio, Rear bench seat plus, Retractable and extendable sun visor, Sound package, 3-spoke multi-function flat bottomed steering wheel with gear-shift paddles, Technology package - High, Tyre pressure loss indicator, Underfloor storage tray in boot

#29 535dboy

535dboy
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:12 AM

Hmm where are we going to go now... :sign_goodluck: :icon_cheers:

Buy a lotus and come to SELOC
2012 Audi RS4(B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981),
2008 Lotus Exige S (bit modified!)

#30 marky9074

marky9074
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

Presumably donations will not keep the site alive?

Audi SQ5, Glacier White, Fine Nappa Leather Seats: Moon silver-Black, Headliner: Black, Adaptive headlights, Advanced key, Audi Drive select, Audi hill-hold assist, Audi Parking System Advanced, Black roof rails, Climate cup holder, Door mirrors electrically adjustable, folding, heated and auto-dimming with memory function, Dynamic steering, Electrically-adjustable front seats with memory function, Heated front and outer rear seats, High-beam assist, Mobile telephone preparation High with Audi connect, Open sky panoramic sunroof, Power-operated tailgate, Privacy glass, DAB digital radio, Rear bench seat plus, Retractable and extendable sun visor, Sound package, 3-spoke multi-function flat bottomed steering wheel with gear-shift paddles, Technology package - High, Tyre pressure loss indicator, Underfloor storage tray in boot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users