#21 mighTy Tee

mighTy Tee

Throatwobbler Mangrove

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars and Slow Boats

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

I dont use Tapatalk seriously, I paid for it a few years back so keep it installed.

I only really look in when on the boat using it as a light version to keep up to date with the Au happenings.

mighTy Tee - aka Richard

quaTTro Sport - Mauritius Blue/Phantom Black

Posted Image

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

#22 MTK

MTK

Manic Post Monkey!!!

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

I dont use Tapatalk seriously, I paid for it a few years back so keep it installed.

I only really look in when on the boat using it as a light version to keep up to date with the Au happenings.

:stirthepot: I'm all for weight-saving, and I appreciate you operate in terribly shallow, sand-shifting waters, but did you know that if you use the full version your boat still won't sit any lower in the water?

:p

Posted Image
100% bona fide Audi TT mk2: bla bla + s-tronic + steered bi-xenons + MFSW + leather + cruise + roof + petrol etc
I was getting into my car and someone asked, "Can you give me a lift?"
I said, "Sure, you look great, the world's your oyster, go for it."

#23 fatwomble

fatwomble
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Not used tapatalk for some time, at one stage I was having problems with the forum on my phone, so used it then,

#24 NumberSix

NumberSix

forum admin

• admin team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,110 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

OK, Tapatalk upgraded to latest version. Testing by typing this via Tapatalk on my iPhone, seems to be working fine.

I note they've released a new version of the client called Tapatalk 2 ... catchy! They're charging £2.49 for it, which is more than the original and strikes me as a little cynical. Original still available, and as I'd previously purchased it I was able to just download. Seemingly new version has more features and is gesture based. Been a long time since I bothered with Tapatalk and when I did, like some others, it was as an emergency or lite option for access via poor connection, but even v1 seems pretty slick and good enough for all I'd need it for.

Have to wonder how long they'll keep support v1 for though with v2 on the go, so perhaps future compatibility issues may only be resolved by paid upgrade for those that are bothered.

BMW F31 330d xDrive M Sport Touring Estoril Blue Black Dakota Leather Business Media Package Adaptive M Sport suspension (new arrival)

#25 NumberSix

NumberSix

forum admin

• admin team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,110 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Actually, when I came to view my last post via iPhone browser (to edit an error, as Tapatalk wouldn't let me), I noted it displayed with no paragraphs ... simply hitting edit restored them, and they remained post save, but perhaps Tapatalk v1 does have some issues after all - at least on the formatting front.

Still, I guess it'll suffice for those only using it to keep up to date as browsing seems fine ... Rich, perhaps you can confirm?

BMW F31 330d xDrive M Sport Touring Estoril Blue Black Dakota Leather Business Media Package Adaptive M Sport suspension (new arrival)

#26 mighTy Tee

mighTy Tee

Throatwobbler Mangrove

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars and Slow Boats

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

Thanks Mr 6 - I am (it appears) now able to view up to date posts. :thumbsup:

As for the future of Tapatalk, I do  not use it enough to justify paying for an updated version on my mobile. As for aU's continued support of Tapatalk I would not like to suggest any valuable funds (or time) are used to maintain future compatibility.

mighTy Tee - aka Richard

quaTTro Sport - Mauritius Blue/Phantom Black

Posted Image

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

#27 MTK

MTK

Manic Post Monkey!!!

• autoUNITY Regular
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

As said in the other post, i like thus default skin and think i'll stick to it from now on!

+1

Simple is beautiful.

So possibly no need for you to faff with reinstating an array of skins. :shrug:

Posted Image
100% bona fide Audi TT mk2: bla bla + s-tronic + steered bi-xenons + MFSW + leather + cruise + roof + petrol etc

#28 NumberSix

NumberSix

forum admin

• admin team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,110 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Thanks Mack.

I'd already decided to can most of the other skins, they might have been pretty but they were overkill and too faffy, plus I'm not convinced many people used them, or cared much - I only used the Lite skin (which, oddly, was actually dark but referred to it being less graphics intensive).  I would like to reinstate one dark skin though (aforementioned Lite version), which should be straightforward enough, but I'll leave this one available largely as is also.

:thumbsup:

#29 MTK

MTK

Manic Post Monkey!!!

• autoUNITY Regular
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Ah yes, I forget how some were inexorably drawn to the dark side...  :p

Anyway, meanwhile...

technical-difficulties-star-wars-dark-si

Posted Image

#30 MTK

MTK

Manic Post Monkey!!!

• autoUNITY Regular
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

I myself always used...

:stirthepot:

:thinking:

Mmm, a very rare tautologous grammatical imperfection from you there.   :359:

If I didn't know better I'd say maybe you've got too many more-important things on your mind.  I hope re-skinning this forum doesn't distract you from them.

Meanwhile, we'll keep the posts rolling with a perfectly good white background!

:friends:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users