• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 brittan

brittan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:36 AM

Some interesting cars but the presenters and their presenting style were truly cringe worthy and made me S-Q-U-I-R-M, squirrrm.

Recording it and judicious use of the fast forward button may work but next week I could be another Oh dear, have I missed it?  What a shame!

TT RS in Ara Blue Black interior with some toysttsig.jpg

Frank N Stein the mean workhorse shed

#12 FinFerNan

FinFerNan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,732 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:00 PM

The cars were nice, but O.M.G.......... W.T.F......... JK & QW were shocking!

What about Quentin's shiney shiney hair :laughing:

Current:
2016 Audi A6 Allroad
2015 Suzuki Celerio

#13 sTTu

sTTu
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,343 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:54 AM

I thought the pre-recoreded pieces, on the whole, were interesting. 5 minutes talking about a wreck was a bit of a stretch, and Jodi Kidds piece was poor. A great car, great scenery and not much to say. Too much touching the car and overpowering music.

On the subject of touching, why so many people sat on the car bodywork?! I can't imagine the expletives coming out from Janitor if he were still around. 

For a first episode it wasn't bad. The studio sections were cringey, but so too was the first few seasons of the modern era Top Gear in the studio. It takes time to form a bond with a fellow presenters. Fifth Gear never quite managed it in all their years on Five, despite numerous presenter and venue changes. But they didn't let things settle long enough.

aUSigsTTu.pngAUlegacyBanner3_zpsa834bc1f.jpg

#14 NaughTTy

NaughTTy
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:37 PM

Having met QW once, I can confirm what a condescending and patronising twat he really is!  It was at an early TopGear Live event at Silverstone - think I was around 20/21, met all the others and they were great - lots of time for the fans of the show and generally a great laugh - went to speak to QW and he basically told me to F off as he was "having a rest" - told me to "run along" - what a cock! Don't think I've ever bothered to watch anything with him in again :realmad:  

a0844efc-8ba9-48bc-b960-d901841b58f9_zps

#15 sTTu

sTTu
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,343 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:24 PM

Am I the only one still watching this? I've grown to love it despite never having been that much into classic cars. I find the trick is to skip the studio sections.

#16 brittan

brittan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:40 AM

No, not the only one.  I've been doing the same with the fast forward button but I also missed recording about half of the last two programmes.

TT RS in Ara Blue Black interior with some toysttsig.jpg

Frank N Stein the mean workhorse shed

#17 mighTy Tee

mighTy Tee

Throatwobbler Mangrove

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars and Slow Boats

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:22 AM

I have this being recorded on our Tivo box and only watched the first few episodes, I am enjoying the features, the last episode I watched had the E-type featured, but the QW behind the "video game touch screen" is pretty crap and will date the series for reruns.

The subject matter is pretty limited and therefore I can not see there is enough material to support more than a second series.

mighTy Tee - aka Richard

quaTTro Sport - Mauritius Blue/Phantom Black

Posted Image

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

#18 sTTu

sTTu
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,343 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:52 AM

The subject matter is pretty limited and therefore I can not see there is enough material to support more than a second series.

There is over a hundred years of motoring! Surely they could get at least 5 series out of that before they start scraping the barrel.

Anyway, my 14 year old MKI Focus is a classic.  :whistle:

#19 Lofty

Lofty
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:24 AM

I haven't seen this yet, maybe I'll have to watch it to make up for the lack of TG. I still haven't seen any of the new series of Fifth Gear either, although do have it recorded.
M3 & MR2

#20 NaughTTy

NaughTTy
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:16 PM

I actually caught a few minutes of this... could only watch a few minutes as QW does indeed still make my skin crawl. Very nice 911 though :rolleyes:

a0844efc-8ba9-48bc-b960-d901841b58f9_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users