• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Arne

Arne
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,184 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:05 PM

Just received an invitation from my Jaguar / Aston Martin dealer for a trackday at Rudskogen (a nice 3.7 km track just over an hours drive from Oslo) in two weeks time.

It's a full day (08:00-16:00) with instructors, and the possibility of learning how to best drive my own car  + testdrive (on the track) from a selection of Jaguar and Aston Martin models.....(an a maximum of 40 people attending).

The cost for attending is £150,- everything included (except my own car which I offcourse have to include myself).

The only bad thing is that it crashes with an allready long time ago planned fullday work seminar where I am in charge - and there is no way I can change or skip that :banghead:

Sh*t!!! 

F-Type R 2015

#2 brittan

brittan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:15 PM

Boooooo!

On the bright side, I can pop over, pick up your car and take it to the event.  :) 

At least then your car won't miss out . . . . .

TT RS in Ara Blue Black interior with some toysttsig.jpg

Frank N Stein the mean workhorse shed

#3 mighTy Tee

mighTy Tee

Throatwobbler Mangrove

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars and Slow Boats

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

Bugger..... :banghead:

mighTy Tee - aka Richard

quaTTro Sport - Mauritius Blue/Phantom Black

Posted Image

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

#4 Lofty

Lofty
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:26 PM

That's a bummer Arne, sounds like a good day out.
Not wanting to rub it in but I had a fantastic day at Porsche's track at Silverstone today, even if it was only driving a Macan.
I shared the driving with Mrs Lofty who also had a whale of a time. We drove the Macan GTS, enjoyed all the different aspects, track, launch control on the straights, skip pan and especially flooring it up the Ice Hill. But the best bit was seeing the smile on my 14 year old Sons face when the the chief instructor turned up with the keys to the GT3 RS and took him for 3 laps, a few launch controls followed by another three laps, he drifted past me as though I was standing still, what a driver and what a machine, brilliant. My Son is still grinning like a Chesire Cat. It was a great touch considering we hadn't asked for it, my instructor could see his love of cars so asked the boss to take him out, obviously not all Porsche employees put profit first, I was told they spend £15/20k per month on tyres, I can see why when you see the way the pros drive them. Great day out. Feel a bit guilty ordering a BMW now :)
M3 & MR2

#5 Arne

Arne
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,184 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:49 AM

Boooooo!

On the bright side, I can pop over, pick up your car and take it to the event.  :) 

At least then your car won't miss out . . . . .

:laughing: Very creative ;)

F-Type R 2015

#6 Arne

Arne
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,184 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:57 AM

That's a bummer Arne, sounds like a good day out.
Not wanting to rub it in but I had a fantastic day at Porsche's track at Silverstone today, even if it was only driving a Macan.
I shared the driving with Mrs Lofty who also had a whale of a time. We drove the Macan GTS, enjoyed all the different aspects, track, launch control on the straights, skip pan and especially flooring it up the Ice Hill. But the best bit was seeing the smile on my 14 year old Sons face when the the chief instructor turned up with the keys to the GT3 RS and took him for 3 laps, a few launch controls followed by another three laps, he drifted past me as though I was standing still, what a driver and what a machine, brilliant. My Son is still grinning like a Chesire Cat. It was a great touch considering we hadn't asked for it, my instructor could see his love of cars so asked the boss to take him out, obviously not all Porsche employees put profit first, I was told they spend £15/20k per month on tyres, I can see why when you see the way the pros drive them. Great day out. Feel a bit guilty ordering a BMW now :)

Sounds like a great day Lofty - just as I am shure the one with Jaguar / Aston Martin will be..... :rant:

Wify would have wanted to come along too (which was just another £25,- for a passenger), as she loves these kind of things almost as much as I do. And it's not about the money, but the fact that these events does not happen often here, so it's just too bad that when they do and I get a chance - it can't be done anyway :(

But hopefully there will be another event that I can attend to in the near future, and I should probabely not complain too much as I have been able to attend and experience a lot of car related fun over the last years ;)

F-Type R 2015

#7 NumberSix

NumberSix

forum admin

• admin team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,144 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:44 PM

Cock and balls 😡

BMW F31 330d xDrive M Sport Touring Estoril Blue Black Dakota Leather Business Media Package Adaptive M Sport suspension (new arrival)

#8 sTTu

sTTu
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,352 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:49 PM

I think you need to find a way to have the seminar cancelled or postponed for an alleged other reason.  :evil:

aUSigsTTu.pngAUlegacyBanner3_zpsa834bc1f.jpg

#9 Arne

Arne
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,184 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:07 AM

I think that all I can hope for is some real bad weather that day - to give me some relieve  :laughing:

Nah....I would not be that cruel to the other participants - would I? :rolleyes:

F-Type R 2015

#10 mighTy Tee

mighTy Tee

Throatwobbler Mangrove

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars and Slow Boats

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:12 AM

Nah....I would not be that cruel to the other participants - would I? :rolleyes:

"Do unto others before they can do unto you"

mighTy Tee - aka Richard

quaTTro Sport - Mauritius Blue/Phantom Black

Posted Image

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users