• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Arne

Arne
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,140 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:23 PM

It's not before May/June, but I just finished negotiating a nice price for renting the same home as we rented in 2014 and 2015 in Tavernier/Key Largo.

Looking very much forward to 4 weeks of snorkeling, fishing and relaxing in sunny Florida. It has been minus 12-14 celsius and some snow for the last couple of days now, and that's all it takes to motivate me to organize another trip to warmer weather :)

The cost for the direct flights from Oslo to Miami has become very cheap (cheaper than flying from Oslo to north of Norway and back...).

May can't come soon enough :)

F-Type R 2015

#2 sTTu

sTTu
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:51 AM

You've definitely got that work/life balance sorted!

aUSigsTTu.pngAUlegacyBanner3_zpsa834bc1f.jpg

#3 Arne

Arne
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,140 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

I am doing my best :)

Without kids I guess priorities might be a little different, and I want to live and enjoy life while wify and I are still alive and in good health. And I have spent many years working a lot and built a healthy economy. When I passed 50 I started gradually increasing the harvest of what I invested during my first 30 years in working life.

Another ~6 more years, and my balance will be work = 0 / life = 100   :p

F-Type R 2015

#4 sTTu

sTTu
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:05 PM

I can see where you are coming from.

After passing 45, I really feel like the years are passing rapidly. Still trying to work out what kind of holiday I like...

aUSigsTTu.pngAUlegacyBanner3_zpsa834bc1f.jpg

#5 Arne

Arne
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,140 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:38 PM

Still trying to work out what kind of holiday I like...

That is kind of essential. Some people love the work they do, some work for living and some work to fill their days with something meaningfull - and some With a mix of everything.

The most important if one is considering working less or quit working all together (retire), is to know what you want to spend all that extra time for. It must be something that will keep you bussy and something you enjoy more than working. To have a plan and knowing how to enjoy that extra time in a way that is good for you, is essential - I think.

And I know of many activities that I will enjoy having more free time to do when that times come - and also who to enjoy the different activities together with (something together with wify, and something together with good friends).

F-Type R 2015

#6 FinFerNan

FinFerNan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:25 PM

Can't deny it, I'm a bit jealous ;-) 

Current:
2016 Audi A6 Allroad
2015 Suzuki Celerio

#7 Arne

Arne
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,140 posts

Posted Today, 12:14 PM

Can't deny it, I'm a bit jealous ;-)

Not shure you will be jealous of the latest development.... :rolleyes:

Yesterday wify and I came up with the "brilliant" idea to invite both our mothers down for one of the weeks we are there (the second week). They could then travel together on the airplane and we can pick them up at the airport (and bring them back to the airport on return). They will both have a separate bedroom with separate baths in the house we have rented.

I frankly did not think they would jump on the idea as it is a 9 hours flight (they are 84 and 66), but they very much did.... :blink:

So today I have booked flight tickets for them, and after the ESTA application is done, they are good to go :)

I have allready booked and payed for the rental car (long before I had any clue that I might need it for this), and fortunately it is large enough for all 4 of us including their luggage (a Chrysler 300).

I must say that I am glad we can do this for both of them, and specially for my mother at the age of 84 who lost her husband/my father a few years back. She has not been able to sleep since yesterday, as she is so excited of the thought of travelling to Florida and experience some of what she has just seen on our videos and pictures from our previous trips. It has never even crossed her mind that she would get that possibility, and she turns 85 in July so it's a nice birthday present to give her :yes:

And wify and I will still have 3 weeks of our own there ;)

F-Type R 2015

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users