#11 MTK

MTK

Manic Post Monkey!!!

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:22 AM

i have epoxy on mine.

had to use an acid on it first to 'prime' the concrete tho.

how much to travel four miles and help me do mine?

:smiley-greet024:
Posted Image
100% bona fide Audi TT mk2: bla bla + s-tronic + steered bi-xenons + MFSW + leather + cruise + roof + petrol etc
I was getting into my car and someone asked, "Can you give me a lift?"
I said, "Sure, you look great, the world's your oyster, go for it."

#12 marky9074

marky9074
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:36 PM

http://www.bltllc.com/blt_main.htm

I just found this... looks OK, but apart from some rumour of Costco cannot find any distributor in the UK :thumbdown:

Audi SQ5, Glacier White, Fine Nappa Leather Seats: Moon silver-Black, Headliner: Black, Adaptive headlights, Advanced key, Audi Drive select, Audi hill-hold assist, Audi Parking System Advanced, Black roof rails, Climate cup holder, Door mirrors electrically adjustable, folding, heated and auto-dimming with memory function, Dynamic steering, Electrically-adjustable front seats with memory function, Heated front and outer rear seats, High-beam assist, Mobile telephone preparation High with Audi connect, Open sky panoramic sunroof, Power-operated tailgate, Privacy glass, DAB digital radio, Rear bench seat plus, Retractable and extendable sun visor, Sound package, 3-spoke multi-function flat bottomed steering wheel with gear-shift paddles, Technology package - High, Tyre pressure loss indicator, Underfloor storage tray in boot

#13 MTK

MTK

Manic Post Monkey!!!

• autoUNITY Regular
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:16 PM

:) Ooh, available in different colours and ribbed! All they need now is different flavours too. :p

If you do find retail details I would be interested. I still have some unopened tins of concrete floor paint but the sort of flooring in that link would be far lusher... :thumbdown:
Posted Image
100% bona fide Audi TT mk2: bla bla + s-tronic + steered bi-xenons + MFSW + leather + cruise + roof + petrol etc

#14 FinFerNan

FinFerNan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:16 PM

I prepared and painted mine (international paint) over 6 years ago. Aside from a couple of small wear patches, it's looking pretty sound still. The main thing is to make sure the concrete is dry and is likely to stay dry (ie has it got a damp proof membrane?) You can check the floor moisture level using a Protimeter. If you happen to know a Building Surveyor who has one?

The other key point is to make sure you get rid of all of the surface dust and properly seal the surface before applying the paint. :thumbdown:
Current:
2016 Audi A6 Allroad
2015 Suzuki Celerio

#15 MTK

MTK

Manic Post Monkey!!!

• autoUNITY Regular
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

The other key point is to make sure you get rid of all of the surface dust and properly seal the surface before applying the paint.

:thumbdown: 7/10

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Lofty

Lofty
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

Costco had this in stock a while back, I was quite tempted but couldn't be arsed to empty the garage for fitting :thumbdown:
Talking of garages does anyone have any bright ideas about how to protect the huge doors on the R8 from hitting the wall on my drive.I've got carpet underlay stapled to the walls inside the garage but obviously can't use that outside.
M3 & MR2

#17 FinFerNan

FinFerNan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

Costco had this in stock a while back, I was quite tempted but couldn't be arsed to empty the garage for fitting :)
Talking of garages does anyone have any bright ideas about how to protect the huge doors on the R8 from hitting the wall on my drive.I've got carpet underlay stapled to the walls inside the garage but obviously can't use that outside.

I'm thinking you should reverse onto your drive and get out away from the wall, ohh yes, and never allow anyone into the passenger seat :thumbdown:
Current:
2016 Audi A6 Allroad
2015 Suzuki Celerio

#18 brittan

brittan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

Right said Fred - that there wall is gonner haf to go . . . . .

TT RS in Ara Blue Black interior with some toysttsig.jpg

Frank N Stein the mean workhorse shed

#19 FinFerNan

FinFerNan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

Right said Fred - that there wall is gonner haf to go . . . . .

Not before we 'ave another cuppa :thumbdown:
Current:
2016 Audi A6 Allroad
2015 Suzuki Celerio

#20 Lofty

Lofty
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

I'm thinking you should reverse onto your drive and get out away from the wall, ohh yes, and never allow anyone into the passenger seat :thumbdown:

My garage joins onto my neigbours so their car is parked on the other side.I can see the doors doing some major damage to their little Fiat 500 if I'm not careful.I have seen some rubber seals that fit onto the bottom of industrial roller doors,I might try something like that. :)
M3 & MR2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users