• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 FinFerNan

FinFerNan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,731 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:07 PM

That would work, I was thinking rubber matting (would be easier to source and cheaper)
Current:
2016 Audi A6 Allroad
2015 Suzuki Celerio

#22 TommyTippee

TommyTippee
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:06 AM

Lofty, a length of 22mm foam pipe lagging from you local plumbers merchant, split it length ways so you have two half circles and stick the flat face onto the wall at the appropriate height. Works for me.

minds are like parachutes...................they only work when they're open Golf R white nav doesn't need anything else else

#23 Lofty

Lofty
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:19 AM

Lofty, a length of 22mm foam pipe lagging from you local plumbers merchant, split it length ways so you have two half circles and stick the flat face onto the wall at the appropriate height. Works for me.

I had thought of that, but wasn't sure how it would look outside :)
I remembered about some checkerboard effect rubber interlocking matting that I bought few years ago, so i got it down from the loft this morning,I'm going to try that.I've been going to do something for years because it's tight for the A1 never mind the massive R8 doors.Just need the car to now so I get put them in the correct position :thumbdown:
M3 & MR2

#24 marky9074

marky9074
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:36 PM

I've emailed them to see if they have any suppliers in the UK or if they would ship...

Audi SQ5, Glacier White, Fine Nappa Leather Seats: Moon silver-Black, Headliner: Black, Adaptive headlights, Advanced key, Audi Drive select, Audi hill-hold assist, Audi Parking System Advanced, Black roof rails, Climate cup holder, Door mirrors electrically adjustable, folding, heated and auto-dimming with memory function, Dynamic steering, Electrically-adjustable front seats with memory function, Heated front and outer rear seats, High-beam assist, Mobile telephone preparation High with Audi connect, Open sky panoramic sunroof, Power-operated tailgate, Privacy glass, DAB digital radio, Rear bench seat plus, Retractable and extendable sun visor, Sound package, 3-spoke multi-function flat bottomed steering wheel with gear-shift paddles, Technology package - High, Tyre pressure loss indicator, Underfloor storage tray in boot

#25 brittan

brittan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

I had thought of that, but wasn't sure how it would look outside :mellow:
I remembered about some checkerboard effect rubber interlocking matting that I bought few years ago, so i got it down from the loft this morning,I'm going to try that.I've been going to do something for years because it's tight for the A1 never mind the massive R8 doors.Just need the car to now so I get put them in the correct position :thumbsup:

For something that might have the look you're after check out what is available in a boat chandler. Gunwhale protection strips or something that goes on the edge of a jetty might be suitable.

TT RS in Ara Blue Black interior with some toysttsig.jpg

Frank N Stein the mean workhorse shed

#26 Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,570 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

I also have painted my garage floor with the international paint stuff, but it does come off after a while, especially where your tyres are.

Looks great when freshly painted and not that expensive !
2016 Audi RS3 floret silver

#27 marky9074

marky9074
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

I also have painted my garage floor with the international paint stuff, but it does come off after a while, especially where your tyres are.

Looks great when freshly painted and not that expensive !

Your kidding right? It's £30/tin IIRC for 2.5l... I've done the floor four times now and the tyres scrub it out every time. Last year I ended up buying six gym mats off ebay and have those on the floor to try and give it some protection.. :thumbsup:

Audi SQ5, Glacier White, Fine Nappa Leather Seats: Moon silver-Black, Headliner: Black, Adaptive headlights, Advanced key, Audi Drive select, Audi hill-hold assist, Audi Parking System Advanced, Black roof rails, Climate cup holder, Door mirrors electrically adjustable, folding, heated and auto-dimming with memory function, Dynamic steering, Electrically-adjustable front seats with memory function, Heated front and outer rear seats, High-beam assist, Mobile telephone preparation High with Audi connect, Open sky panoramic sunroof, Power-operated tailgate, Privacy glass, DAB digital radio, Rear bench seat plus, Retractable and extendable sun visor, Sound package, 3-spoke multi-function flat bottomed steering wheel with gear-shift paddles, Technology package - High, Tyre pressure loss indicator, Underfloor storage tray in boot

#28 marky9074

marky9074
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

Roll up flooring

OK, after a couple of attempts managed to get a UK supplier..

#29 mighTy Tee

mighTy Tee

Throatwobbler Mangrove

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars and Slow Boats

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

Maybe some rubbing strakes for boats as an example, but dont buy from a chandler unless you are prepared for a major price mark up. You might find a commercial rubber extrusion company somewhere near home?

http://www.bridgerub...ng_Strakes.html

http://www.littlepor...DER RUBBERS.htm

mighTy Tee - aka Richard

quaTTro Sport - Mauritius Blue/Phantom Black

Posted Image

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

#30 Janitor

Janitor
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

Ooo, some good info appearing here :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users