• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#11 TommyTippee

TommyTippee
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

I could be in for the Aug weekend. I'll share with scouserpc. ooooohh :thumbsup:

minds are like parachutes...................they only work when they're open Golf R white nav doesn't need anything else else

#12 FinFerNan

FinFerNan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:03 PM

I found this place, it's a bit further over towards Wales but is not on a main road like the other place. Also, there's B&B option for the non campers. We could just bring our own beer and have a camp fire BBQ?

Thoughts people?

Details: http://www.nicholsonfarm.co.uk/BB.htm
Current:
2016 Audi A6 Allroad
2015 Suzuki Celerio

#13 fatwomble

fatwomble
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:12 PM

I found this place, it's a bit further over towards Wales but is not on a main road like the other place. Also, there's B&B option for the non campers. We could just bring our own beer and have a camp fire BBQ?

Thoughts people?

Details: http://www.nicholsonfarm.co.uk/BB.htm

Looks good to me, do we get to drive the tractor :thumbsup: http://www.autoUNITY...tyle_emoticons/aULight/yellow.gif

#14 FinFerNan

FinFerNan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

Looks good to me, do we get to drive the tractor :thumbsup: http://www.autoUNITY...tyle_emoticons/aULight/yellow.gif

Seems the kind of place that we probably could. I like the camp fire thing and the fact that it's not right on a main road. Downside is that it's off the beaten track a bit and there may not be a pub nearby?
Current:
2016 Audi A6 Allroad
2015 Suzuki Celerio

#15 phodge

phodge
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:01 PM

Looks good to me. You'd have to check with them that we'd be allowed a camp fire/BBQ. Possibly need to find a pub or something just in case it's peeing down and we don't all want to sit outside...unless someone wants to book the self-catering option and then we can all congregate in the kitchen! :thumbsup:

#16 phodge

phodge
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

From their website:

"Good pub food is available within 3 minutes of the farm at the cosy Kings Head, with a la carte menus available from various pubs and restaurants slightly further afield."

#17 Janitor

Janitor
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

Bring your own Bar! :143: :thinking:

I can see me having to turn left at Bristol on way home in the early hours of Sunday morning at this rate!

#18 FinFerNan

FinFerNan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:01 AM

From their website:

"Good pub food is available within 3 minutes of the farm at the cosy Kings Head, with a la carte menus available from various pubs and restaurants slightly further afield."

Ahh good spot Penny!

Ref the campfires, I thought it was mentioned in the website? Anyhow, if there's a pub closeby then so much the better :thinking:

I am inclined to get a space booked, so looks like this is the better option then.
Current:
2016 Audi A6 Allroad
2015 Suzuki Celerio

#19 Wild Woods

Wild Woods
  • autoUNITY Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:11 AM

:143: :laughing: :whistle: :crybaby:
I can't do the August dates as I'm going to V Festival.

I'm looking forward to the 2011 autoUNITY camping trip though :thinking:

#20 FinFerNan

FinFerNan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:27 AM

I have sent an email asking about availability for the week-end 21/22 Aug. I will get info on the camping/B&B and Self Catering (Plus campfires!) and post it up on here asap. I suspect we won't be the only people wanting camping that week-end so we'd best get it booked quickly.

I have checked Google and the site is about 20 miles from Sheleley (approx 40 mins drive) but at least it's not on a main road and it does offer the option of us all being together for a few beers! (B&B for TommyTippee and scoucerpc)
Current:
2016 Audi A6 Allroad
2015 Suzuki Celerio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users