Thursday 6th December

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 phodge

phodge
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Here are the details of this year's Legendary Christmas Party! I’ve selected a date that’s nice and early, so that it hopefully shouldn’t interfere with any other parties that you’ve got planned...

Thursday 06th December, 7:30 PM

The Three Horseshoes
Wycombe Road
Marlow
Bucks
SL7 3RA

This is a lovely pub just ½ mile from J4 on the M40, so very easy to get to. Marlow is right in the corner where Bucks, Berks and Oxon meet, so everyone is welcome. If you’ve never been to a meet before, this is your chance to meet some new friends. We promise not to talk about cars all night! Posted Image

The food is delicious, the portions are large, and the beer is brewed ½ mile down the road.

The Christmas menu is £26.95 per person for a three course dinner (you might need to fast for a couple of days to eat it all!) with after dinner coffee and mince pies.

I need to know your menu choices by 25th November as this is when I have to confirm the table numbers, which will be strictly limited to 20.

I’m not collecting deposits this year, but if any booking is cancelled with less than 48 hours notice, a cancellation charge of £10 per person will apply.

Menu

Starters

A. Deep fried Goat's Cheese and Prune Chutney crispy Wontons, sweet chilli dipping sauce and mixed leaves
B. Scandinavian Gradvalax Salmon with fresh lemon dill mayonnaise, soft roll, Cornish butter and fresh lemon.
C. Norfolk Turkey Teriyaki Skewers with Thai dipping sauce and mixed leaves.
D. Deep fried breaded Camembert Wedge served with sweet tomato chutney on a bed of mixed leaves.
E. Pan fried mixed Mushrooms in a garlic, white wine and cream cheese sauce served with a soft roll and Cornish butter.
F. Coriander Battered Chicken Breast Goujons with Thai dipping sauce and mixed leaves.
G. Crayfish Tail and Ocean Prawn Cocktail with Marie Rose dressing, soft roll, Cornish butter and fresh lemon.
H. English Stilton and Broccoli Cream Soup served with a soft roll and Cornish butter.

Mains

I. Roasted Crispy Half of Suffolk Duck with orange and sweet redcurrant gravy, served with rosemary Lyonnaise potatoes and winter vegetables.
J. Sizzling Norfolk Turkey Breast Fajitas, warm soft flour tortillas, tomato and onion salsa, guacamole, mixed peppers, sour cream, grated cheddar cheese and leaf salad.
K. Pan Seared Scottish Salmon Fillet topped with parsley Hollandaise sauce, butter Jersey new potatoes and winter vegetables.
L. Norfolk Turkey Escalope with a rich cranberry gravy, honey roasted chipolatas, Yorkshire pudding, Jersey new potatoes and winter vegetables.
M. Chargrilled 10oz Rump Steak with a rich green peppercorn and brandy cream sauce, chips, garlic butter field mushrooms, grilled tomato, onion rings and garden peas.
N. Sizzling Cuts of Beef Steak and Field Mushroom Teriyaki served with chips, grilled tomatoes, garden peas and tortilla shell salad basket.
O. Pan fried Salmon, Dill and Spinach Fishcakes served with Jersey new potatoes, salad basket, dill mayonnaise and fresh lime
P. Roast Pork Loin Medallions with an apple and brandy cream sauce served with mashed potatoes and winter vegetables.
Q. Sizzling King Prawns and Chicken Breast Cuts, garlic and fresh herb butter, white wine and lemon with sauté potatoes, tortilla salad basket and garlic mayonnaise.
R. Crumbed Quorn Schnitzel Fillet stuffed with garlic, herbs and butter with a creamy cheese, garlic and wild mushroom sauce, Lyonnaise potatoes and winter vegetables.
S. Wild Mushroom, Roasted Onion, Cranberry, Brie and Camembert Wellington, coriander Hollandaise sauce, Mediterranean rice and tortilla shell salad basket.

Desserts

T. Warm Chocolate and Fudge Rich Pudding Cake with Cornish vanilla pod ice cream.
U. Chilled Berry Fruits Cocktail with Cornish vanilla pod ice cream.
V. White Chocolate and Cranberry Cheesecake with fresh Devon cream
W. Slow baked Citrus Tart with lime syrup and fresh Devon cream.
X. Organic Belgian Chocolate Cheesecake with Cornish vanilla pod ice cream.
Y. Hot Victorian Christmas Pudding with brandy cream.
Z. Exotic Chocolate Ice Creams with chocolate wafer and chocolate sauce.
AA. A selection of Fine Cheeses served with biscuits, grapes and mixed leaf garnish.

Has that got your taste buds going? Add your name to the list, come along and join in the fun.

Attendees.....................................Menu Selections

1. phodge.....................................D, N, T
2. Mr phodge................................D, L, Y
3. V6 SRS......................................F, M(m), Y
4. LouLou......................................H, N, U
5. Korry.........................................B, P, ice cream (with some adjustments Posted Image )
6. NaughTTy..................................C, Q, T
7. westcoTT...................................-, M(r/mr), Z
8. Mrs westcoTT............................-, P, T
9. D6TTR.......................................D, O, X
10. slineTT.....................................E, I, X
11. TT02OOT.................................G, M(m/r), Z
12. Mrs TT02OOT...........................B, I, T
13. Ted..........................................G, J, U
14. Lesley......................................E, K, W
15. Diane.......................................D, Q, V
16. Bucks85th...............................C, J, ice cream

#2 NumberSix

NumberSix

forum admin

• admin team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,109 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

Sounds lovely, can't make it but ANV gets my vote ... nom nom :)

BMW F31 330d xDrive M Sport Touring Estoril Blue Black Dakota Leather Business Media Package Adaptive M Sport suspension (new arrival)

#3 mighTy Tee

mighTy Tee

Throatwobbler Mangrove

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars and Slow Boats

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

3 Christmas meals on consecutive nights - tempting but sorry Penny despite having the best menu of the 3, I am too old to do the 3 nights

mighTy Tee - aka Richard

quaTTro Sport - Mauritius Blue/Phantom Black

Posted Image

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

#4 phodge

phodge
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Sounds lovely, can't make it but ANV gets my vote ... nom nom Posted Image

I'll save you some Six, and post it up to you! ;)

#5 phodge

phodge
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

3 Christmas meals on consecutive nights - tempting but sorry Penny despite having the best menu of the 3, I am too old to do the 3 nights

You can do it Rich, just call in sick on the Friday. It won't be a lie, you probably will be!! :lol:

#6 phodge

phodge
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

OK, I've added the menu choices that I was given last night. Please check your entry and make sure that it is correct. Posted Image

Only 4 places left now! Posted Image Anyone else want to join us?

#7 phodge

phodge
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

3 places left now! :D

#8 phodge

phodge
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Well, the quiz is ready, and by God it's hard! I keep forgetting the answers and I wrote it!! :lol:

Good luck everyone, you'll need it, but the prizes will make it all worthwhile. :woot:

#9 sporTTy

sporTTy

Hayley Cropper

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,295 posts
  • Interests:Chocolate

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

A, Q & T for me (if i could come!)

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

#10 phodge

phodge
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Sarah, you'd be very welcome!

If anyone else wants to join us, I need your menu choices by this weekend please. :143:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users