• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 marky9074

marky9074
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:42 AM

Sorry, but couldnt see an appropriate sub-forum for this...

Last two years freshly painted the floor of the garage with international paint. Both times the paint has been ripped up by the tyres :p and now they have laid pea shingle over the tarmac as a final coat on the road :sleep:

So anyway, doing a search it seems there are a lot of epoxy resin solutions in the states, but nothing in the UK. All I keep coming across is these damn tiles...

http://dynotile.co.uk/default.htm

Anybody done there garage or have an opinion? :unworthy:

Audi SQ5, Glacier White, Fine Nappa Leather Seats: Moon silver-Black, Headliner: Black, Adaptive headlights, Advanced key, Audi Drive select, Audi hill-hold assist, Audi Parking System Advanced, Black roof rails, Climate cup holder, Door mirrors electrically adjustable, folding, heated and auto-dimming with memory function, Dynamic steering, Electrically-adjustable front seats with memory function, Heated front and outer rear seats, High-beam assist, Mobile telephone preparation High with Audi connect, Open sky panoramic sunroof, Power-operated tailgate, Privacy glass, DAB digital radio, Rear bench seat plus, Retractable and extendable sun visor, Sound package, 3-spoke multi-function flat bottomed steering wheel with gear-shift paddles, Technology package - High, Tyre pressure loss indicator, Underfloor storage tray in boot

#2 Geo555

Geo555
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:47 AM

A quick google comes up with these -

http://www.watco.co....chemi-coat.html

http://www.antel-uk....ee-coating.html
Posted Image Inaugural medal winner for this post

#3 marky9074

marky9074
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:05 AM

Thanks for that, my google skills must be failing me... guess because I was specifically searching for 'garage'. I think maybe I have shot myself in the foot though as its already painted, so I would have to strip it back... hmmm food for thought

Audi SQ5, Glacier White, Fine Nappa Leather Seats: Moon silver-Black, Headliner: Black, Adaptive headlights, Advanced key, Audi Drive select, Audi hill-hold assist, Audi Parking System Advanced, Black roof rails, Climate cup holder, Door mirrors electrically adjustable, folding, heated and auto-dimming with memory function, Dynamic steering, Electrically-adjustable front seats with memory function, Heated front and outer rear seats, High-beam assist, Mobile telephone preparation High with Audi connect, Open sky panoramic sunroof, Power-operated tailgate, Privacy glass, DAB digital radio, Rear bench seat plus, Retractable and extendable sun visor, Sound package, 3-spoke multi-function flat bottomed steering wheel with gear-shift paddles, Technology package - High, Tyre pressure loss indicator, Underfloor storage tray in boot

#4 mighTy Tee

mighTy Tee

Throatwobbler Mangrove

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars and Slow Boats

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:40 AM

OK -so I dont drive into my garage, however I used Wickes Garage Floor sealer (which 10 years ago came in a plastic carton - so assume is the same stuff).

The stuff was like water and 3 flood coats dried like a varnish. The surface is very durable and has even survived an accidental attack with the angle grinder.

Note: Sometime later I was lead to believe all this stuff was was a watered down PVA adhesive, the PVA soaked into the floor sealing it and giving it the semi varnish finish.

mighTy Tee - aka Richard

quaTTro Sport - Mauritius Blue/Phantom Black

Posted Image

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

#5 Janitor

Janitor
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:55 AM

Peeling paint is a common problem - warm tyres, wet surface, weight of the car regularly in one static place is always going to be a challenge

You could well be right that it'll be even harder to successfully reapply anything new now due the other stuff already being down... :unworthy:

Not sure what to suggest really... why don't you want tiles fella..?

#6 brittan

brittan
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:53 PM

I can see why you don't want those tiles, but what about garage specific ceramic tiles, the sort that are permanently glued in place?
TT RS in Sepang Blue Black interior with some toysPosted Image

#7 marky9074

marky9074
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

Peeling paint is a common problem - warm tyres, wet surface, weight of the car regularly in one static place is always going to be a challenge

You could well be right that it'll be even harder to successfully reapply anything new now due the other stuff already being down... :unworthy:

Not sure what to suggest really... why don't you want tiles fella..?

I think it's just because I've seen so many I'm not sure what is kosha or not... I don't wantto commit to a garage worth of tiles until I get some feedback on quality etc.. :sleep:

#8 MTK

MTK

Manic Post Monkey!!!

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,473 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:47 PM

A quick google comes up with these -

http://www.watco.co....chemi-coat.html

http://www.antel-uk....ee-coating.html

:smiley-greet024: Mmm, interesting. I was going to paint mine with garage floor paint after re-sealing the concrete with PVA mix, but now...
Posted Image
100% bona fide Audi TT mk2: bla bla + s-tronic + steered bi-xenons + MFSW + leather + cruise + roof + petrol etc
I was getting into my car and someone asked, "Can you give me a lift?"
I said, "Sure, you look great, the world's your oyster, go for it."

#9 MTK

MTK

Manic Post Monkey!!!

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,473 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:48 PM

I don't wantto commit to a garage worth of tiles until I get some feedback on quality etc.. :smiley-greet024:

What's your latest thought Marky?
Posted Image
100% bona fide Audi TT mk2: bla bla + s-tronic + steered bi-xenons + MFSW + leather + cruise + roof + petrol etc
I was getting into my car and someone asked, "Can you give me a lift?"
I said, "Sure, you look great, the world's your oyster, go for it."

#10 sc-009

sc-009
  • autoUNITY Member
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:55 PM

i have epoxy on mine.

had to use an acid on it first to 'prime' the concrete tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users