134 replies to this topic

#1 Admin Team

Admin Team

• admin team
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

Dear esteemed aU Members

'Tis with a heavy engine and barely inflated tyres that we approach the final mile of the aU journey... :friends:

With a quiet beginning to settle over the forum as people and their cars move on, it's time to do the decent thing and put a bullet in the old girl's head. For one reason or another, it's always been a struggle to attract and maintain an active membership - sooner or later, people have tended to drift off... and there appears to be little energy or will left to maintain that position :mellow:

Of course, we have our 'hardcore' - the people who have been there throughout, together with some enthusiastic newcomers - but with the current vibe being not much more than a FaceBook extension, there seems little point in continuing to fund the infrastructure (forum package, web domains and hosting space etc)

It's four months short of three years since the three of us took this place on - for the main part, it's been good, rewarding fun, with the early 'challenges' even looked back on as a source of great experience and every now and then, they return a little inner wry smile...

We wholeheartedly thank each and every one of you for your contributions over the years, however large or small they might have been :D We also thank Andrew and Jen at DTUK & Juicy for their support too :grouphug:

The forum wil stay live until Monday 17th October, so please feel free to grab anything you'd like to 'keep' in the meantime

Thanks everyone - it's been, emotional

Chris, Clive & Steve

:thumbsup:
Posted Image

#2 sporTTy

sporTTy

Hayley Cropper

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,241 posts
  • Interests:Chocolate

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

Oh, that's sad news. Totally understandable, but sad all the same.

I'm on facebook... catch me there!

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

#3 sTTu

sTTu
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,794 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

:grouphug:

I guess I shouldn't be so surprised. There have been quite a few quiet days but I had just put that down to the summer holidays.

I shall be sorry to see this place go. I have met some lovely people on here, and in person, and it is enough to restore ones faith in humanity. I guess I can revert to the TT_Forum to keep in contact with a few of you.

For those of you not blessed with a lovely TT, feel free to add me to your Facebook thingy. Look for Stuart Hall and if you see a little South Park style character, then that's me.

Thank you to Chris, Clive and Steve for their efforts over the years. :D

:thumbsup:

aUSigsTTu.pngXmassTTu_01.gif

#4 Big Kev

Big Kev
  • autoUNITY Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Interests:Family, motoring, music, engineering, good food, good wine. Looking forward to retirement (more so than you could ever imagine)

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

Many thanks to you all...it has been a pleasure to have been a member of autoUNITY :grouphug:

I have only been around here since March 17th but I will miss the witty and lively banter and debate with like-minded people who I have considered to be friends (albeit never having met). Also, a special thanks must go to the Admin Team who's dedication and vigilance have helped to make autoUNITY just...well, a bit special.

May I wish everyone on here a safe and happy future,

kindest regards, Big Kev :thumbsup: :no :mellow: :friends: oh, and er... :D
Kev MX-5 Mk 3.5 1.8 SE Air-con Soft-top Expensive front mud-flaps Metropolitan Grey Mica Looks good Drives good Does me good

#5 fatwomble

fatwomble
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

Bugger :D Not surprised though.

It was good meeting those who I did and talking to the rest of you on line. Thanks for all the time and effort you guys put into running this place :thumbsup: It really was the friendliest forum I have been on.

#6 scouserpc

scouserpc
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

Sad news, but its been an interesting and sometimes "eventful" journey for TT-talk and susequently autoUNITY.

Met some great people on the Forum and have enjoyed a number of "meets". :thumbsup:

Had lots of laughs along the way, for those that have been around for a while who will ever forget "Barro's dance" video post. :grouphug:

Many thanks to Clive, Steve and Chris for their work over the last few years. :D

Paul
Posted Image

Mercedes Benz SLK 250 CDi AMG Sport Auto.

#7 NigelCBS

NigelCBS
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

Sad news indeed, but understandable as people (me included) have drifted away over time and I can see how keeping things running is no longer justified.

Slightly ironic for me that the decission has come just as I've just started thinking that it's time for a change of car. I've had the TT since May 08 and have never kept a car for that long before or enjoyed one as much :thumbsup:

I'm sure when the TT goes I'll miss it, and I will certainly miss all those on here as well when the forum closes.

Many thanks to all of the admin team and anyone thats been regularly involved and made it such a great forum to visit. :D
Posted Image

#8 mighTy Tee

mighTy Tee

Throatwobbler Mangrove

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars and Slow Boats

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

:thumbsup: :D :grouphug: :friends: :mellow: :no :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

mighTy Tee - aka Richard

quaTTro Sport - Mauritius Blue/Phantom Black

Posted Image

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

#9 ikon66

ikon66
  • autoUNITY Member
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

never been a big poster on here but have followed the threads daily

it's a pity it's had to go but can understand the reasons :thumbsup:

#10 Filippo

Filippo
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Interests:Rock, gourmet cooking, air cooled cars and motorbikes

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

Oh my! :D
You guys shall be missed. Those of you who would like to remain in touch - do not hesitate to PM me or Facebook or something....
Thanks to the "admin team" for keeping the pleace VERY tidy and pleasant. :thumbsup:

Filippo

Shanghai: 2011 Volvo XC60 T5

Gone in the UK: 2010 Abarth 500, 1976 Porsche 911

Gone in Italy: 2007 Audi TT roadster DSG - how this whole affair started!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users