35 replies to this topic

#1 NumberSix

NumberSix

forum admin

• admin team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

Thanks to a heart warming level of community spirit and the generosity of our wonderful members I'm happy to confirm that autoUNITY has earned a reprieve for another 12 months. :(

I will be in touch with those who've offered to contribute to our running costs shortly with transfer details, thank you all once again.

I've truly been touched that the community has pulled together in this way, and I think it's testament to what we've built here that people are prepared to step up in this way. :grouphug:

Of course we didn't get to this point by accident, myself, Clive, and Steve invested a lot of time, effort, money, blood, sweat and tears to contruct what we feel is a very special place ... for sure we couldn't have done that without the wonderful people here, but I think we all appreciate that it is what we make of it and it was rather disheartening to feel as if it was undervalued. We've all agreed to chip in and keep the place afloat, to keep the gang together, to retain access to the history we've compiled at our fingertips, it would be nice to think that we can take this as a short sharp shock and rise to the occasion in terms of making aU the buzzing community it deserves to be. It's your forum people, if we don't want to end up in this situation again then we need to keep the place vibrant ... use it or lose it is a bleak but appropriate sentiment, but we can review again this time next year when once again our future should rightly be in the hands of the members. :grouphug:

We on the Admin Team have had to accept some stark realisations and adjust our horizons accordingly ... much as we know we have something very special here that doubtless many others would appreciate we simply don't have the wherewithall to spread the word and draw the people in. We understand that now. It's disappointing, but it is what it is. Therefore the dynamic and focus has clearly changed ... autoUNITY will continue to be about the community, but that community may continue to be small. Newcomers are, of course, always welcome so by all means invite likeminded sorts along as you meet them on your travels ... should anyone be motivated to help grow the membership then we'd encourage that, for the time being we're not going anywhere ... but we now accept things for what they are, and that is that we have great bunch of people here who don't want to lose touch, who appreciate the corner of the web they've come to call home, and who've rallied around to save it. :thumbsup:

Whether there are still to be some changes at Admin level remains to be seen, however we're conscious that we're now overdue for Management Team elections so we'll broach that subject very soon.

For now, rest easy ... aU isn't going anywhere :)

BMW F31 330d xDrive M Sport Touring Estoril Blue Black Dakota Leather Business Media Package Adaptive M Sport suspension (new arrival)

#2 fatwomble

fatwomble
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

Fantasic news

#3 AlfaBliss

AlfaBliss
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

Yes, it is. Great news indeed. Hooray, we've saved our forum! Posted Image

Auto-commUNITY

I've still got a hand full of autoUNITY fliers, I'm happy to carry on distributing them at motoring events. :(
spread the word, and help out in any which way I can.

#4 Lofty

Lofty
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:57 PM

Woohoo :(
If we can raise more than the running costs,could the surplus go to one of the charities on AU?
A Jag and a Golf

#5 NaughTTy

NaughTTy
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,657 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:10 AM

:( :grouphug: :) :clap: and repeat ad infinitum :thumbsup:

Well done everybody :grouphug:

SnowTT_zps9ccdzrzz.gif

#6 Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:53 AM

Great News :(
2013 Audi S5 estoril blue black edition

#7 Arne

Arne
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,645 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:56 AM

:(

Very good news :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone :grouphug:
2012 Touareg 3.0TDI R-line

#8 mighTy Tee

mighTy Tee

Throatwobbler Mangrove

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,573 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars and Slow Boats

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:38 AM

+1 :thumbsup: :Dancing-Chilli: :Dancing-Chilli: :Dancing-Chilli: :Dancing-Chilli:

mighTy Tee - aka Richard

quaTTro Sport - Mauritius Blue/Phantom Black

Posted Image

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

#9 sporTTy

sporTTy

Hayley Cropper

• autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,238 posts
  • Interests:Chocolate

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:49 AM

Thank the lord. I was really starting to worry about how i was going to while away the hours. The thought of having to talk to hubby or play with the kids was just too much!

:thumbsup:

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

#10 AlfaBliss

AlfaBliss
  • autoUNITY Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:52 AM

Amen sister. I'm sitting outside in a blowing hooley with a nice hot cuppa coffee, perusing aU to keep me warm (wiv laffs 'n smiles). What more do we need when we have what we've already got.

The missus is away for a week, so now I've got no one but the dog 'n God to talk too, and I'm tired of Facebook where else can I go to get some fun friendly social interaction. This forum's got it all.

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users